Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Post 1





Well, it is Spring International Quilt Market time.  And since many of us are unable to attend the lovely  Amy of Amy's Creative Side   hosts the wonderful Blogger's Quilt Festival, so we get a chance to strut our stuff.


Doll/Mini Quilt Entry



This is the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap piece made for the theme in March 2013 'Animals' . These bow tie kitties are from an adaptation of a pattern found in the book "Christmas Cats & Dogs' by Janet Kime with Martingale co.  It is measures 18" x 22" and I quilted on my home machine using swirls, loops and little paw prints. 


I always make a matching little dollie to go with the quilt - from the scraps of the little quilt.  And I always use buttons - tiny buttons!

Please be sure to visit all the entries - you will be inspired.

Sewingly yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Just too cute! Love the pattern and your paw quilting is special. Along with the doll....a sure winner I think!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a cute design! I love the kitties, and your little dolls are too cute!

Sheila said...

I agree with Debbie. This is just too cute! I hope you win!

Needled Mom said...

That is so sweet!!! I love the kitties.

Lesley said...

Sharon, this little quilt is so cute! Well done!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Cute seems to be the word and I agree.

Snoodles said...

Oh, you know how I love the kitties! This is adorable....always love to see your dollies, too!
Crossing my fingers for you to win, dear friend!

Barbara said...

I'm dubbing you the Queen of Doll Quilting. Your quilts are always adorable.

Sheila said...

What a great idea to make an extra wee dolly, so sweet.

Deb said...

Sharon, this is lovely. And the wee dolly to match is adorable.

Sandy said...

Oh, I love the kitties! Very cute quilt.

Jedi Craft Girl said...

I love this quilt!!