Friday, May 17, 2013

Bloggers's Quilt Festival - Post 2



Well, it is Spring International Quilt Market time. And since many of us are unable to attend the lovely Amy of Amy's Creative Side hosts the wonderful Blogger's Quilt Festival, so we get a chance to strut our stuff.

Bed Quilt Entry



I made this quilt during the "How Far Will Your Go" quilt along hosted by Jess at The ElvenGarden .  I was gifted a FQ bundle of 'Summer Breeze II' and had kept it shelved for just the right pattern,  I wanted something fresh, fun, and a touch of French Country Cottage to it.  A sampler quilt with many techniques used made for a delightful quilt of my own.


Quilt w/Pillow

Finished size is 64" x 86" and I quilted it with a simple meander on my home machine using a light blue thread top and bottom.  I used the scraps from the quilt to make a coordinating pillow.

Please be sure to visit all the entrants for some real inspiration.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the color combo!

Quilting Babcia said...

Soft and summery colors - I love it!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Beautiful - I love those colors!!

Snoodles said...

What a summery looking quilt...bet it looks stunning on the bed! Lovely!

Barbara said...

Oh so pretty. The fabrics you've chosen are so soothing. Just beautiful.

Sue Daurio said...

Wonderful colors on this one. Love the pillow that goes with it.

CitricSugar said...

I think you achieved your goals of fun, fresh and French country! There's nothing like saving fabric for just the right project.... :-)

Lovely work!

Deb said...

Loved this the first time I saw it, Sharon. Such pretty colors.

Shannon said...

I think you picked the right quilt for that fabric. It is so pretty. Very bright and cheery.

Kimberly said...

I really like how this turned out. I have a soft spot for sampler quilts. I have visions that someday I'm going to design one. I love this softness of the blue and yellow. Great quilt!