Thursday, August 1, 2013

Country Charmer Update


The lovely Lesley of the Cuddle Quilter has been our faithful and charming leader of the quilt along.  We can work at our own pace, be scrappy or planned, and can rely on lots of tips and help from the pattern designer Lynn of  Sew'n Wild Oaks  who's two Country Charmer quilts are on the road Right
now.  You can see them together HERE.



I didn't get to work on this for the month of July as I was debating and auditioning fabrics - none worked for me.  So I order some new - what's a girl to do, right?  BUT  the order goes by FedEx to the Mass. office and sits!!  I mean this box almost got charged rent!  Finally it arrived on the 31st.



But I laid all my blocks out to get a view of them, shuffled them around and  have stacked them, labeled them by rows, and they are waiting for their sashing - possibly finishing entirely as they have waited so long.

I will be linking up with  Lesley - please check out everyone's progress.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

17 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I didn't realize you were so close to a finish. This looks wonderful Sharon!

Donna said...

I love your blocks! Your quilt will be lovely.

KaHolly said...

Very impressive!!

Joanna said...

It looks great. I love that each of your blocks is different. Every version of this quilt I've seen is beautiful.

Lesley said...

Sorry about the set back with your fabric taking up residence elsewhere, but now that it has arrived, it will be well used! You are so very organized...your blocks look gorgeous as they sit there waiting for the next step. Thanks for linking up!

Sherry said...

Those blocks are fantastic!

Debbie said...

These blocks are just so pretty....each with its own personality. going to be a great quilt soon!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks Sharon!

Dana Gaffney said...

The quilt's going to be wonderful, I love those blocks.

krislovesfabric said...

This is going to be a true beauty...love the colors!

Belinda said...

THAT is going to be an awesome quilt!

And don't you just hate it when you really want something and it winds up getting held up in the mail somehow?

Editha said...

Good job! Thanks for sharing! :)

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous, Sharon!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your stars! :-)

Sheila said...

Those blocks are beautiful. The new fabrics, too. Too bad it had to live in a warehouse for awhile. This is going to be a beautiful quilt when it's finished. You should enter in in a county fair.

QuiltSue said...

Your blocks are all beautiful, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you are going to sash and border them, now the fabrics have escaped from Mass.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love all those blocks. Glad you found the right fabrics, too.