Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey or Chicken


I hope you all had a lovely and safe Holiday.  Whether it was the traditional turkey or any other choice of meal - hope you indulged to the fullest as that is all part of it.  I enjoyed all the comments and name suggestions for Elvis' chicks for the Kondo Koop.  I am still sorting thru them to pick ones to fit the girls and then to finish this.  I'll announce the winner at the end of this post as I looked up some information for some requests for patterns.

  

I made my pattern and pdf for a Yahoo group, so it is their property, but I did find these cuties.  Steel Scraps has a tutorial for these tiny chicks in a basket - how cute!!


And Deonn's pattern for chicken pincushions should be explore HERE at QuiltScapes


 And you can find a log cabin layout to change the look at  Quilting Works.


And I saw these on a few Etsy sites as pins and also made 2-sided cabins and stuffed as pincushions.


And then with more searching - I found something very close to mine and may be to your liking.  There is a tutorial found HERE. Of course you can make these up into individual potholders, a few for a runner or wallhanging or go with the whole flock for a conversation quilt.


OK - what you have been waiting for - the winner of the 1/2 yrd bundle:

Random chose #3:


Blogger Crickets Corner said...

What a cute idea for a log cabin block! The ladies all have such different personalities. I think Maxine, Cynthia, Edith, Evelyn, Trina and Jolene would be perfect names for the ladies. 
November 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Thank you all for visiting and for all the great names.  I will be taking a lot of ME time thru the month of December, but I am participating in the Kona Solids Hop in January with a give away.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations! So many sweet chickens.

Karen M said...

Thanks so much for gathering such cute chicken projects and providing the links. So cute. I made one of Deonn's pincushions a bit ago. Great fun.

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely projects Sharon.xx

Michele said...

You certainly are foul-y inspired this week. LOL

Needled Mom said...

I love those little pin chickens!!!

Joanna said...

I have to smile looking at all of those chicks; fun projects.

Barbara said...

Those are so cute!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such cute chicken projects Sharon! Thanks for sharing the links - I have seen the little log cabin pins and often thought I'd love to make one :)

Karen said...

So adorable! I want one! Thanks for sharing.

Belinda said...

Oh how fun is that?!!!

Marian said...

I hate it when I'm playing catchup.. but WOW WOW WOW!! This has to be one of the most clever uses of a log cabin type block that I've ever seen. I LOVE IT!! Very very cute.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lots and lots of great chickens! You have been busy! Hope your Thanksgiving was nice. Hope you miss out on this latest batch of yucky weather that's hitting the middle of the country. Hopefully it'll stop before it gets to the east.