Monday, January 27, 2014

Thank Yous are in Order


I borrowed this photo from Confession of a Fabric Addict as there is no way I can get one to capture this quilt.  As most of you know (but for the new followers) I took a fall down my stairs and broke a hip in December - just after Christmas.  I saw this gorgeous quilt on Sarah's site - gosh they do such wonderful work and I do enjoy sending them blocks, fabrics, and quilt flimsies for their ministry.  Well, those sly ladies made this quilt for ME!!  And a dear blogging friend donated this kit to them so made it even more special.  Thank you to all who were involved with this little 'secret'. 

Hop on over

And some of you may recognize this bunny from Michelle's lovely site.  What a sweetie she is.  She calls herself a Hobbit, but I think she is a magical little pixie - bestest buds with Tinkerbell and all little wonderous fairies and creatures.  On Hoppy Friday, Michelle had a lovely post on her blog The Raspberry Rabbits about Kindness and Just Because Gifts.  Well, I was a wonderful recipient of Shell's Just Because - a gift certificate for 3 months of 'The Quilt Show'.  I am waiting to open this gift up after seeing my surgeon today (Tuesday morning) and being sure I am staying home and not off for another operation.  You bet I am going to enjoy this and Thank You all at Bunnyville.

CLOSING THOUGHT

A Priceless Gift

by Helen Steiner Rice
 

Friendship is a priceless gift
That can't be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold.

For gold is cold and lifeless,
It cannot see nor hear,
And in your times of trouble,
It is powerless to cheer.

It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand.
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand.


So when you ask God for a gift,
Be thankful that he sends,
Not diamonds, pearls, or riches,
But the love of a real, true friend.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

30 comments:

Sheila said...

What a beautiful quilt! That was so sweet of Sarah and the quilt ministry to make it for you. I hope you are healing nicely and will need no more surgery. Stay warm, dear.

Christine M said...

What a gorgeous quilt. How special are your friends to make you that quilt, Sharon. I think you could be right about Shell being a magical little pixie! Hope all goes well with the surgeon and that you're back on your feet in no time! Hugs, Christine

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

oh Sharon!!! I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I have been away for a few weeks, and have really been out of touch! I hope you are recovering and starting to get around again. What a beautiful gift...such wonderful friends!! :)

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

oh Sharon!!! I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I have been away for a few weeks, and have really been out of touch! I hope you are recovering and starting to get around again. What a beautiful gift...such wonderful friends!! :)

QuiltSue said...

I think you deserve both gifts and I hope the appointment today goes well.

Anonymous said...

Nice things happen to nice people Sharon,enjoy my friend your lovely gifts.xx

JoAnne said...

Such fun gifts couldn't go to a more deserving person! This just proves how kind quilters are. I'm crossing my fingers for your appointment!

Dana Gaffney said...

That is so sweet and you do deserve it. What a great way to finish up your healing, wrapped in that beautiful quilt while you watch quilt videos.

Gina said...

How wonderful xx

Debbie said...

Wonderful quilt....and extra special because it comes from friends who love you. Heal quickly.

Teresa in Music City said...

How exciting and wonderful Sharon!!! You deserve to be given such special treatment my dear - enjoy it!!!

Anonymous said...

quilters are such wonderful, generous people!! So sorry , I have been off the blogland radar for a while. Hope you heal quickly!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Such lovely gifts and the quilt is fabulous. Just because gifts are the best to give, and receive.

krislovesfabric said...

Prayers for your recovery Sharon, hope you heal soon. The quilt is beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

What a beautiful quilt, Sharon. You will really enjoy the warmth of friendship it provides.

Good luck with your appt. today.

Jeanie said...

What a beautiful quilt to wrap yourself up in their love and friendship! Hope the appointment goes well.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I'm sooo sorry to hear that you had that painful mishap! I've been soo oudda blogland for sometime. I hope you are feeling better?

That is a most beautiful/cherry quilt! And you are most deserving of its love and beauty. You do sooo much for others.

love and hugZ,
annie

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a wonderful gift. It's so gorgeous.

Deb said...

I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading very well Sharon. I hope you are mending well.

And why does that not surprise me about Sarah. You are such a lovely person, so generous and kind, and so deserving of such a precious gift. xx

Sheila said...

The quilt from Sarah is gorgeous , how sweet of her . I do hope you are healing well ,take care . Hugs Sheila

Joanne said...

That is wonderful. I'm not surprised though since "what goes around comes around" and I often see your name in reference to nice things you have donated to help others. Hope your appointment went well and there is no further surgery required. Wrap yourself in the love of the quilt and enjoy the Quilt Show.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sharon what a beautiful quilt and what beautiful friends you have! blessings, marlene

sandra said...

What a lovely quilt Sharon and so deserving because you do so much for others. There is an old saying "What goes around comes around". You are a special person and friend. I hope all goes well when you see the surgeon. My son who is 44 yrs old slipped on some ice and broke his left arm in two places , they don't cast anymore so it has been painful, blessings and prayers for full recovery.

Sarah Craig said...

I hope your appointment went well this morning with good news!! We're keeping you in our prayers!

KatieQ said...

Thank you for sharing the poem.
I love Michelle's blog and her rabbits. I'm happy to hear you received such a lovely prize. It's nice to see that some of the lovely things you have done for people have worked their way back to you.

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful! What a beautiful quilt and a very special gift :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh kindness it is like dominoes, one falls and the others follow! You deserve it Sharon, you are such a giving lady.

Michele said...

Wow! That is just fabulous and you certainly deserve that beautiful quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Both gifts are well deserved. Hope all is well with you, and you recover quickly. I keep thinking about you, and saying a prayer when I do.

Sarah said...

What a lovely figt from your friends! You thoroughly deserve it after your horror month with injury. Enjoy! Is it a Miss Rosie pattern?