Thursday, April 30, 2015

May Day


Well the sun will shine, it will get warmer, and the lawnmowers have been primed for the first cutting of grass.  The tractors and machinery have been delivered to the crop fields which means they will be getting land in ready for planting, then the planting and soon little signs of new life will appear across the flat lands.   I love the smell of new mown grass, fresh tilled soil, and new sprouting crops.


This will be my inspiration for May's 'Let's Book It'.  I had a hard time narrowing down which project to use - again a book that should not have sat idly on that dusty shelf.  AND yes, my shelves are dusty and need some tidying.


Since I've been wanting to do a 'curve' project, I thought this would fit the bill.  I, also, have a basket of various plaids, stripes, and flannels that need to be played with - perfect.


RSC15 - the color for May is green - the darker greens in your scrap pile.  I have one of my large rolling cart's drawers full of greens (and I spy some blues that got mixed in).  So some color sorting to ensue (and put those blues where they belong) so some block play can happen.


I have that binding to finish, so I need this reminder to join in on Slow Sunday Stitching. 



I have participated with Marcia's May For Me from the start.  With my 'simplify' year, my May For Me will be a little toned down this year because I need time for ME.

I will be a Hands 2 Help guest blogger on Sunday, May 3rd over at Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict

And my Birthday week will have a special give away.

I Hope your May is wonderous,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

20 comments:

Karen said...

I like your May project. I don't think I would tackle the curves but I will enjoy watching yours. I need to join May for Me. Thanks for the reminder. I can't wait to see your H2H post. As always you are busy. Have a good day.

Cheryll said...

Well I hope your upcoming birthday is filled with sunshine & happiness!
You always keep yourself so busy on some wonderful projects xox

Quilting Babcia said...

Toning it down a bit this May? Your post sounds as if you'll be as busy as ever! I'm always amazed at how much you get accomplished in a month. Can see already that this will be a fairly unproductive month, quilt-wise, as the garden has yet to be scoped out, tilled and planted! But the sunshine and warmer weather does beckon!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Sharon I forgot we both have May birthdays!! Don't ya just love May...and yes, the smell of freshly mowed lawns! I wrote this book title down...think I'd really like the patterns and am looking forward to the curved flower quilt you are planning. I plan to participate in Marcia's May for Me also...I'll be posting on the 2nd and 16th. Happy May friend!

Dana Gaffney said...

I hope your first paragraph is true and stays true, it sounds lovely. Your May project is really cool, I'll enjoy watching this one.

gayle said...

Happy May Day!
Curves can be fun - I'm looking forward to watching your sunflower project!

Barbara said...

Love the sentiment about slow stitching...so true. I'm a May baby too!

Joanna said...

Happy May Day. I'll be happy to see the sun and do some sewing and gardening. The sunflower quilt should be a fun one. Have a great month.

Lady Jane said...

Hope you will have a wonderful Birthday. Like your May choice. It would be way too ambitious for me, lol...

Terry said...

What a pretty quilt...I can't wait to see your progress! And I've had to mow three times already. It's been chilly, but the grass keeps growing anyway! LOL

Needled Mom said...

Our May is full of birthdays too. I can't wait to see your curved piece.

Scrappy quilter said...

That looks like an amazing book.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy Birthday in May! Celebrate all month long!

Sheila said...

Wow. Beautiful quilt pattern! It's going to be fun watching it come together.
Difficult to believe that it is already MAY, your birthday and May for Me time. This IS going to be a good month.

Christine M said...

Your birthday is coming around again? I can't believe it's nearly been a year! The quilt you have chosen will be lovely.

Sheila said...

What a great project to start off the month of May , will be watching your progress :-)

Kate said...

Love your Let's Book it project for this month!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I cannot believe it is may already! It looks like you have a fun month ahead. A birthday month!

Cheryll said...

Happy MaY day... xox

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Happy May Day --- a little Late!