Saturday, June 27, 2015

Let's Book It - June 2015


I hope you have been enjoying a re-visit to some old books, files, patterns, and inspiration.  Remember, it is to encourage you to dust those oldies off and start that project that so inspired you in the first place - no finish is required.

 

The project I chose for June was this very old print out with the foundations  just waiting to be played with.  Not all the instructions were there - either I didn't print off the last page or it has long been lost, but this is pretty simple to figure out.


I'll be honest, I only finished up the hand sewing of the binding this afternoon.


Sometimes I only sign the backs of my minis - no label.  Hanging corners work on such a small piece.


Finished at 12.5" x 16.5" - my little village completely from the scrap bin and a long lost pattern enjoyed.

LilyBouquetCHARM.jpg

This month's Vintage Sewing Machine Pin is joined with the Lily Bouquet Charm.

Now it is your turn to link up:


6 comments:

gayle said...

That little village is adorable!

Terri said...

Love your little houses. The suspense you kept us in was fun, too.
Please keep doing the 'Let's Book it'. My books are packed away for such a long time now, and within a month I should have them unpacked and be able to start something.
Hugs

Bobbie said...

I finished a quilt from a magazine but misplaced the book! I will link as soon as I find it again! :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute mini quilt, and the green fabric you chose for under the houses looks like walkways from the doors, and a path to the tree.

Sheila said...

Sweet little village. Loving those little houses and happy trees.
Lovely linkups this month.

Michele said...

Very nice. I've had zilch time to sew lately but hopefully that gets corrected soon.