Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mid Year Update

RSC 15

Angela has encouraged us to do a lay out of our RSC15 projects for a review of our progress for the first half of the year.  Please go visit to see all the great Rainbow projects on display.


All my bricks for this project. 40-50 bricks of each color will be more than I need, but it will give me a nice selection when laying this out and the left overs can pieced into the back.


I just love saw-tooth stars - they make me happy as well as a connection to a heritage in thread.  They get combined with.......


the fun 9-patch houses for a another project.


The woven hearts for my 'Angel' charity quilt for the Christmas season.


And these are Connie's flower blocks.  The need some pre-stitching/quilting before I can add the color piecing that goes on each.  I am thinking of making an alternating block with a different type flower center to go with these for a larger quilt lay out.

Have you ever done a rainbow quilt?  If not, you can certainly start now.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

18 comments:

ES said...

The brick pattern is so lovely! But so are your other projects!

Anonymous said...

hi Sharon your blocks are amazing my friend xx

Lesley said...

You have such a variety of wonderful projects...love them all!

Karen said...

Very pretty blocks. Will you put the house blacks and hearts blocks in the same quilt?

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm so glad she encouraged you to do that, they all look so pretty together.

Deb A said...

So many pretty blocks! Love that first quilt and the flowers from Connie are looking great.

Barbara said...

Wonderful blocks.

Sheila said...

Bricks, hearts, stars, houses. LOVE all your awesome RSC projects and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your colorful blocks become quilts later this year. I'll be stealing some of your RSC project ideas for next year's challenge.

gayle said...

I'm glad you showed the brick quilt picture - I hadn't been able to figure where you were going with your bricks.
I love all your rainbow projects. (And so many of them, too!)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I especially like your houses....so much fun all around though!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, the wonderful blocks you are churning out! Have to say, though, that I adore your flower blocks!!

scraphappy said...

Those flower blocks are going to be beautiful when they are done. The houses are so cute though, it is hard to pick my favorite. Great progress all around!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love rainbow quilts... and you are making some beauties!

Jennifer said...

your blocks are wonderful! I love the bricks- so simple, but it will be fantastic when it's together. what is the pattern? looks like from a magazine... your strips and flowers are great, too!

Julie Fukuda said...

The quilt I am working on now certainly would pass as a rainbow quilt. I like all those blocks, especially the stars and houses.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the flowers on string blocks -- off to investigate the link!

Michele said...

You always create a lot of blocks for the RSC. Good for you.

Kate said...

You've done a great job of keeping up with the colors each month. Lots of gorgeous rainbows are going to come out of your sewing room at the end of the year.