Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July Monday Making - 2016


I am spending the 4th quietly at home (the shop is open) and have my little flag banner on the door.  But it fails to represent the day as this quilt - awesome!  Your can read the story about it HERE.


In my quest to tame that pile of pulled partially finished projects, I will be working on this box.  I have knocked it off the shelf too many times - luckily those little 4-patch units are pinned in groups of 10, BUT still!


As  you can see, they are going together rather quickly.  I pulled an old fabric off the shelf for the setting triangles and have just enough to make 25 blocks - a square quilt which is not my style, but it works.  Hope to have a flimsie this week.

** linking up to Monday Making and Design Wall Monday **

Have a safe holiday,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

What cute little blocks, Sharon! Good for you, working on your UFOs. I have several projects that are "in my way" and nagging me to finish them as well... and several ideas for new quilts inside my head, begging me to start them!

Kris said...

Happy Independence Day, Sharon!! Enjoy your day sewing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon wow your blocks look fantastic and that flag is amazing,enjoy your day my friend ....

Robby said...

Not only are you sailing along on those blocks, but they look really great, too.

Robby said...

Oops, meant to add that 25 blocks would also give you a 4x6 layout with one to spiff up the back or turn into a label. If you like that shape better.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love it what a nice quilt design

tink's mom said...

Love the look of these blocks. A bit to many little pieces for me to want to do them but I do love to look at them and ooh and ahhh over them. From last post, looking forward to what you do with the watermelon color choice. Fun color combo.

Kate said...

You got a lot done this holiday weekend. Hope you had a nice 4th of July holiday.

Barbara said...

Cute blocks. Add a border top and bottom, and you've got a rectangle.

KatieQ said...

Thank you for the link to the flag quilt. I'm always amazed at what people can create with fabric.