Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Bring It On


August was a hectic beast and so will be September!  Every weekend full, but I think I am ready so bring it on.

  
We have Labor Day weekend coming up and I know we are keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Hermine that is already in Florida and may be coming up the coast - we are prepped.  I have to make a run to The Quilt Zoo - LQS, to pick up some Hall of Fame entries as I have offered the 'busing' of items to and from later this month.  I will shop while I am there - wink!!

The second weekend is our town's village wide garage sale and we are participating.  We will be setting up in one of our barns so rain or shine, we are open - the 'stuff' has to go.


The third weekend I will be here with some wonderful ladies again with the fiber arts display.  It is, also, the weekend of The Airing Of The Quilts and I will have my quilts hung out before I head off to demo hand quilting.  

The fourth weekend is A Festival of Quilts - the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame quilt show in Roxbury NY.

Hopefully during the week days I can keep up with my blocks.

Starts Sept 3rd

And I really want to make this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE  And I have a lot of browns to use up - my scrap problem challenge to be used with this.


My 'Let's Book It' project this month is a free pattern in one of those subscription mailers.  Yeah, photo bombed by Moe.  I have a lot of scrap solids that I want to use up so this pattern will work perfect for that.


Along with this mess - I have a number of smaller items in the shop that need restocking.  I hope to empty that drawer and possibly dip into the next drawer in that rolling cart.  These little things take a while to prep, but the sewing time is quick and will be great to have by the machine to grab those few sewing minutes - somewhere.

What will September Bring for You?
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Looks like you have a full month of fun ahead of you. Be safe in those storms!

Barbara said...

Cleaned up my sewing room yesterday...somewhat...then messed it up again. September will be busy at this end too, but the vacation kind of busy, and that will be quite a relief from August.

Sherry said...

When I first scrolled down I thought you had fur fabric for the bear in the quilt pattern in the picture above! LOL Guess seeing the video on the of that woman who was in her driveway and had the bear come up to her stuck in my head! LOL

Sherry said...

When I first scrolled down I thought you had fur fabric for the bear in the quilt pattern in the picture above! LOL Guess seeing the video on the of that woman who was in her driveway and had the bear come up to her stuck in my head! LOL

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm thinking of making the bear quilt, too. I'm just waiting for the fabric requirements to be posted next week. Hubby really liked the picture of it.

Chantal said...

Okay! That was a lot, right? I am exhausted now, how about you? Good luck with the goals. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that bear paws quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Jeanna said...

Sounds like another busy month.

Good luck with the storm. It is well north of us so our skies are just cloudy. Thank God!

Sheila said...

You have a busy month ahead of you but it sounds like some fun events .

Needled Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing your bear paws. Stay safe in the storm.

Dana Gaffney said...

Hermine just about drowned us, I hope if she comes your way she moves through fast. Somehow I missed that bear paw sew along is that happening now? I love that quilt.

Debbie said...

Full month.....wish I could visit for a couple of those weekend events!

Teresa in Music City said...

My September looks almost as busy, but never quite as much as yours! The bear paws quilt is amazing and looks fun to do!

Kate said...

You really aren't slowing down this month. Good luck with your plans for September. Hopefully you didn't get much from Hermine.