Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bag Ladies of the Fat Quarter Club



May's 'Lady' for me was Thelma - I got tired of the same pink, purple, and green in the last few ladies.  And she seemed a bit more brighter and refreshing for May.

Although the original pattern doesn't have you stitch those little circles in her skirt, I am.  I thought they looked like I 'forgot' to finish the piece, so the are slow going.  Then I just have her 'flesh', hair, and glasses.  I already have the border piecing done, so this one should finish up over the next couple of days.


Poor Gertrude - she has waited patiently for her pearl necklace.  A lovely guild member gifted me some and they are on, but not sure I like the look.  She may sit a while while I think on this.  She was suppose to be ready for Memorial Day, now am I shooting for the 4th of July?

Thank you BARBARA for introducing us to these fun ladies - I am enjoying them so much.

Sewingly Yours
Sharon


  

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Thelma's hat is lovely, and as for Poor Gertrude, she is rather voluminous.

Dana Gaffney said...

They're both full of personality, do you make up stories about them as you sew? The white pearls stand out, but they do look like something a bag lady would find and wear.

gpc said...

I love the pearls! You and Barb both embroider so much more quickly than I do -- I fear that I will be working on poor Abigail all year! :)

Barbara said...

They both look good to me. I stitch those circles too. Haven't taken a look at Thelma, and so it's hard to tell how big they are. If they aren't too big, I do a lazy daisy stitch, which probably doesn't go any faster, now that I think about it.

Lyndsey said...

Love Thelma. I feel the same way about the spots on the outfit of one of the previous ladies I'm stitching but filling in the spots takes ages. However it is well worth it as it seems to finish the outfit. Gertrude looks fab as well.

Joanna said...

I love Gertrude and how you framed her; it looks like a nice wall hanging. Spotting the little details is fun.

Kate said...

I like the pearl necklace, it seems perfect. Hope the storms have died down a bit and you can sew without risking a forced shut down.

Sarah said...

Gotta love the bag ladies in all their frumpiness. I think the pearls work nicely.