Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


Monday I had another 'turn off' day as we had flood and tornado alert for 24 hours.  After losing so much on just a little electrical blip, I didn't want to take chances.  There was hand work to catch up on anyway.

Finally when things seemed safe Tuesday afternoon, I powered up the machine and finished the last five of the smaller CW stars.  These will wait now as their bigger 'momma' stars get priority on turning into a flimsy.


Then I went smaller and worked on the newest Temecula 'Mini Monday' block - the one with the pinwheel center.  This was the first time my Juki tried to 'eat' my tiny bits of fabric.  I had just cleaned, oiled, and put in a new needle - but it was persistant in jamming those bits into the bobbin casing.  I figured I had a bad new needle after trying some larger scrap to stitch on - it sounded 'clunky'.  Either it had a spur or the nice new point just wasn't there and changed it out - no more problems.


Then I pulled out my plaid project and did up another set of 10.  I figured I better count - because some times I can't count to10 or in 10's.  I need 24 more of these and I am going to have to dig in other places for plaid or stripe to finish this project off.  I'm sure it is somewhere in all the scraps I have - I'm not going out for another shirt at the thrift shop.

Then I can start putting these into groups of 4.  It will be easier to put the flimsy finish using larger '4-patch' sections as well as spread out the color and design.

Luckily our stormy weather pattern cleared itself up and I went out later in the day to .......


a lovely 'Mid-Summer Tea' at our local library.  They had a sweet little setting on the front porch.  It was bring your own tea cup and something to share snack type event.  And the little cutie-pie event coordinator made the most scrumptous strawberry truffle!!!!!  OMG!!!  I'm not a desert person, but I admit I had two servings of this delight.

Back to catching up on all those scrappy blocks,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

lovely blocks and a so yummy tea party.

Lesley said...

Love to see those stars! You are having fun!

Ellie said...

Looks like you are having fun! The Temecula blocks are darling! I'm having fun with them too!

Dana Gaffney said...

Your Temecula blocks are wonderful, you picked the perfect fabrics. That tea sounds like so much fun, I'm glad your weather cleared up and you were able to go.

Calicojoan said...

You always find the most fun projects to work on. What a fun tea to attend also! Love that tea set!!!!!

Susie said...

Love seeing the projects and glad the bad weather did not appear. That tea set is so cute, you can imagine the fairies having tea around the table. Hugs, Susie x

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I'm so tempted to do the Temecula sew along--your blocks are adorable!

Sarah said...

What a fun idea for a tea party! I wish my library did something like that. They like to go ALL out or nothing...leaning towards the nothing :(

Barbara said...

I must be missing one of the Mini Monday blocks. I didn't see the one with the nine-patch, although I saw the picture with the four-patch, and it confused me. I'm easily confused.