Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Mix



I finished the Easy Angle blocks for the Sapphire Mystery Clue #3.  These are easy to make, but not my favorite block to play with.  I have the ruler ( 3 sets actually?), but rarely use.  The whites are a mix of w/w - to use those babies up!  Being a scrap quilter - my scraps are much smaller than some of what Kevin calls 'scraps' and I have really had to dig for size.


The strips were another part of Clue #3.  And the smaller units were a 'bonus' clue.  Those bits are more the size I like to work with.  I don't have a huge definition of light, royal, navy blue - my blues are more in the range of medium blue.  So all of my 'match 4 house units are the same fabric.  A group of 10 mix I could get.


I should whittle down some of my CW fabrics as the next step of the Yankee Diary is to make the patchwork units and number of squares needed for the outer borders. 

I have been going thru my shelves, pulling 'yardage' to make some pillowcases to send to Sarah @ The Glade Church for their collective efforts for Texas.  I'm sure there will be a call for Florida and other areas to come, too.  My Quilt Guild is uniting to add to the quilt, pillowcases, and pet bedding drives.

This afternoon I have an event to attend and will share with you all tomorrow.

All my neighbors to the South (and those affected by the fires) - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I like your scrappiness in those units! Pillowcases are what I am pulling fabrics for too.....I have a feeling they will be needed everywhere.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't had a chance to do anything past clue #1. Too many deadlines lately. I'm collecting pillowcases and quilts for Sarah's church, thru both my quilt guilds. There was quite the stack, at the sew-in today. More to come, too. Harvey was bad enough, Irma could make Harvey look almost nice.

Sarah said...

Three sets of tri-recs rulers? That's optimism for ya!! Happy sewing!

Anonymous said...

thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
หนังไทยใหม่

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Some beautiful blues there!

KimM said...

Love the blues. Can hardly wait to hear about your outing.
xxx

Barbara said...

At some point, I purchased that ruler, and didn't even realize I had it until I made a winter table topper last year. It was easy to use, but I really dislike specialty rulers. Your blocks look good.

Kristi said...

Tell me about pet bedding!! I have a bunch of 'batting' bits and scraps I've been saving to gift to someplace that might need them. Would those be useful for pet drives?

Kevin the Quilter said...

LOL Sharon! I have to be honest, I love working with ALL sizes of scraps! Your units look wonderful! Hope you are enjoying the mystery!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm not sure how I will do with Kevin's latest clue, either. Small scraps? No problem! Larger size strips (in the colors required)... could be a challenge! Nice job on your units for the Sapphire Stars Mystery.

Kate said...

Lots of pretty blues in your mystery blocks.