Monday, November 6, 2017

Landscape Workshop


Saturday I attended a follow-up workshop with Bonnie Lindsey of The Quilt Zoo who had done a presentation and trunk show at one of our past guild meetings.  She had adviced to do the first project small to get a better feel for the technique as well as closer to a finish.


Some of the folks went a bit larger!  Sandi brought the most fabulous hand dyed fabrics to use in her design.  Yes, as you can see this becomes a bit of a 'spread out' project.


Edna and Ron  were working from photos from their backyard.  As you can see, we had a lovely room to work in and those big tables were fabulous to spread out  work on.


Martha, Kathy, and Sharon working away.  Kathy has her  camera - we found it was good to photo layouts should some pieces walk away.  My little one down there was not progressing as well as everyone elses.


This is Martha's little piece - her farm even with the little tractor on the field - it's harvest time.  She was the only one who got everything done.  The others got all their layouts set and half way temporarily 'fused'.


Mine - well it came home with bits and pieces laid on the board.  This is the second workshop I have tried Landscaping - not a success either time.  I will play with this one today and probably tomorrow.

My Juki goes off for service tomorrow - new place.  I hope this time it gets the correct 'fix'.  The back-up  machine will take it's place while it's gone.  It's not as heavy a workhorse, but it will be useful for some of the projects that are waiting.  I have a lot of handwork to catch up on, too.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hope the Juki comes home with renewed life.Those landscapes, a lot of fiddly cutting and placing. and the tractor, amazing. I am sure I would be struggling to do anything like those landscapes.

Debbie said...

You have the sky and trees exactly right. Keep the middle or mid-ground in the medium range, and get dark, dark , dark as you approach the bottom edge. I love it. Stepping out of the box is hard, but this one is working.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think your piece is looking good. Just keep trying!!

kiwikid said...

Your landscape is looking good, looked like a great class.

Vireya said...

That looks like a very serious workshop. Everyone is concentrating hard.

sanpiseth40 said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!
ผลบอลเมื่อ
Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited. Thank you…
ผลบอลเมื่อ

Barbara said...

Your landscape is looking great. I want to see more of it.

Lesley said...

Wishing your Juki all the best! Your landscape looks wonderful...hope you get the chance to finish it up!

Susie said...

I think your landscape is wonderful. I love picture quilts and think that the Quilters are extremely tallented who do them. I don't think it is anything I will every achieve. Hope the Juki gets fixed Hugs, Susie xx

Kate said...

Looks like you had a good group to hang out with.

sanpiseth40 said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก