Friday, February 23, 2018

Of Cats and Dogs


The second poodle was finished today.  I used up the last of my black grunge on this guy.  I'm using the same black for all of the eyes and noses - used up the last of that strip.  The funky poms and ear - coffee beans and that is gone.  All of them will have the same Kona White background as it is a piece I need to move out of here.


In fact, I spent most of two days just cutting to gleen that black tote.  It was working backwards from my usual system to sort bags of scraps (large to medium to small to smallest) as I wanted to use up the smallest scraps first before heading into small and medium.  Larger pieces will only get cut into should I need them to fulfill the bricks and mini charm sizes, but I found another bag of black scraps!!!  I think it is mostly strings, but I will pull what is useable for those project as I have all the pieces cut for the poodles.  Now, if I can find that lid......


Bella is being borrowed next door as my Mom is having a mouse problem.  So I only have Moe who has been a bad boy.  We had some lovely spring like days and this guy did some neighborhood carousing and got in a scrap with someone.  I tried to get his injuries - cut down his nose and his left ear is has two 'tooth' marks from a bite.  He knows he is in the dog house with Momma, so won't look you in the eye or flash his wounds.

(linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday and Feline Friday)

We are in for a very rainy weekend which will wash away all that snow and maybe do some low-land  flooding.  I have some serious housecleaning and clearing out to do.  Oh, and some sewing time as well.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

14 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Poor Moe - hope he gets out of the doghouse soon! Love your poodle!

Nancy J said...

Moe, hang in there, after all what else does a boy do but get into a scrap? Love those darks.

kiwikid said...

Aw poor Moe! Hope he heals soon. Love the poodle block. Great to have all the scraps sorted.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the black poodle!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your poodles.poor Moe. Hard to stay outta trouble without Bella

Lesley said...

What a great way to use your blacks! Such a sweet poodle!

Ellie said...

Such a cute poodle! How big is he? Are there going to be more poodles or cats or?..... Hope Moe is feeling better!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Cats can get in some mean squabbles can't they!!! Atleast he has the comfort of your sewing room to recoup. Okay...love that poodle!!! It has style!

Julierose said...

Such an adorable poodle block, Sharon--I grew up with a mini poodle named "Jou-Jou" (meaning toy in French). So, i love how this block looks. Lovely work hugs, Julierose

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute dog, but poor kitty!

Sarah said...

Oh Moe - it's just not worth it buddy to get into it with the neighborhood ruffians. Z wasn't happy with me Saturday - he came in with 2 ticks and did not want me to pull them. He lashed out and my check swelled up but after 50 minutes I got those suckers. He acquiesced yesterday and let me pull a third in 30 seconds. Hopefully our boys will shape up eventually...but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

Kate said...

Well I guess boys will be boys, but I bet he's sorry he's in trouble. But it doesn't sound like that will stop him the next time. You've made a lot of progress on working through those black scraps. Can't wait to see more of your poodles.

Carol Swift said...

That poodle is the cutest...love it! Poor little kitty. Even though he was the tough guy in the neighborhood, I hope he heals up quickly.

Wonky Girl said...

Sad about your kitty :-( but cats will be cats won't they ? The poodle block is so cute ! Gotta thank you for sharing it.